How to Delete Comments on Instagram
Sometimes it feels good to receive nice comments on your Instagram posts. But sometimes people show up with nasty comments and trolls that can have a bad impact on you.
People can leave bad comments on your posts if they find them controversial. Yet, you can avoid hateful comments by disabling the comments. Sounds good?
In case you are becoming tired of the hateful audience, you can take a break from Instagram anytime by deleting or deactivating your account.
However, by turning off the comments on your posts, you can avoid trolls. In that way, you will be able to keep up your mind with positivity.
So, in this article, you will learn how to disable comments on Instagram posts. Let's get started.
Step-by-Step Guide: Disable Comments on Instagram
Disable comments on Instagram involve various methods. Let's take a look at the ways through which you can get rid of those hateful comments.
Disable Your Comments Before Posting Something New
Follow these steps if you want to disable comments on your photo or video before it is even posted:
- Step 1: Open the Instagram app on your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Tap on the plus sign to add the photo or video you want to share.
- Step 3: Add a filter if you want to; otherwise, tap on the "Next"-button.
- Step 4: Click on the "Advanced settings"-button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: On your screen, search for the "Turn Off Commenting" button. Turn it on.
- Step 6: After disabling the comments click on the back button and share your image with your audience.
After posting, you will notice that the comment button is missing from your post.
Disable Instagram Comments on a Post-by-Post Basic
Besides disabling comments on new posts, you can also do that for your existing posts as well. Here's how to do it.
- Step 1: Open your Instagram app.
- Step 2: Click on the profile button and choose the post you want to delete comments for.
- Step 3: Click on the Ellipsis-button located in the top right corner of your post.
- Step 4: From the menu, you will see the "Turn Off Commenting"-button. Click on it, and the comment button will disappear from your post.
After turning off the comments, the comments button will disappear from your post. If you want to disable comments for all the other posts on your account, you can repeat the same process.
When the comments button disappears, all the existing comments will vanish as well. And after that, no one will be able to comment on your post.
That's how you can disable comments for your Instagram post.
How to Turn Commenting Back on for a Post?
If you have turned off commenting for your post, there is no need to worry about it. You can enable it again in a simple way.
- Step 1: Click on the Ellipsis-button located on the top right of the post for which you want to turn on comments.
- Step 2: From the menu, you will see "Turn on Commenting"-button. Click on it, and you have enabled commenting on your post.
These days, social media is snowballing, and trolls are now everywhere. People think that leaving hateful comments on someone's post is quite fantastic. They think they are doing the right thing. But, in reality, that is the most wrong thing.
Nowadays, social media trolls can be dangerous for a creator's mental health. Most people have already committed suicide due to this issue. For example, the famous Youtube Etika Amofah died due to the same reason.
But, social apps have developed useful moderation tools that help creators manage trolls. Creators can also block a user from their profile, or else they can disable comments on their posts.
Another good thing is that creators can hide comments containing specific words. Hence, there is no need to destroy your mental health because of these trolls. There are a lot of options available to stop them.
If you are becoming depressed, you can always take a break from Facebook or social media as well.