How to Make a Twitter Banner Image?
Making a Twitter banner image is necessary for your profile. The process is very simple and, if you are a creatively minded person, also very enjoyable. Moreover, a good Twitter banner helps to improve your personal branding as well.
In this article, you will learn how to make a Twitter banner image in a few simple steps (keep reading to know more). Your twitter banner could be any quote, your favorite image, or it can also highlight your brand.
Different websites offer free templates to create banner images. Either you can select any image of your choice from those templates or you can use any online design tool to start creating your banner from a blank canvas.
Before creating your banner image, let's discuss how to add a cover image to your Twitter profile.
How to add a cover image to your Twitter Profile?
Besides creating your Twitter banner image, it is also necessary to know how to upload it.
The process is quite simple and easy. If you don't know how to add a cover image to your profile, all you have to do is follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Step 1: Log in to your Twitter account and head towards your Twitter profile page.
- Step 2: Click on the edit profile button located at the bottom of your header image area.
- Step 3: Click on the small camera icon located at the header image area.
- Step 4: After that, the file selection dialog box will open on your screen. Click on the file you want to upload as your cover image and click on the "open"-button.
- Step 5: Click and drag the slider to adjust your cover image size as per your requirements.
- Step 6: Click on the Apply button and then click on the Save button located at the top right corner of your screen.
After that, you will see your updated cover image. This is how you can upload a cover image to your Twitter profile.
What is the Size of Twitter Banner Image?
You have to adjust your banner within the ideal size range. Else you will face problems while uploading a banner image as it won't fit in the header section.
The ideal size for a Twitter banner image is 1500 pixels wide by 500 pixels high (1500x500 px). The aspect ratio for a Twitter banner image is 3:1.
While editing, exclude some areas from top and bottom for advanced customization. Check out the screenshot attached below:
How do I Make a Picture Fit my Twitter Header Image?
As mentioned above, the ideal size for a Twitter banner image is 1500x500 px. Images that are not in this size range will cause problems while uploading.
If your picture is not fitting your Twitter header, it's better to use image editing software. You can crop your image according to the mentioned size. Remember to ignore some space from top and bottom while making a banner image. Focus on the center.
In this way, you can drag your image in the software and crop it as per the Twitter header image size guidelines.
Is there a way to find a Twitter user's avatar history?
No, currently, there is no way to find out the avatar history of a Twitter user.
You can know someone's Twitter avatar history only if you keep a record by yourself.
If you click on a user's avatar, it won't do anything other than enlarging the profile picture.
How to Create a Cover Image for Twitter for Free?
There are different tools that allow you to create a cover image for Twitter for free.
Tools like Canva and Stencil have the best selection of Twitter header layouts. You can use these simple design tools to create a professional Twitter header image.
Both of the tools are pretty good for creating graphics. Let's dig deeper into the essential steps needed to create a header image for your Twitter.
How to design a Twitter Banner image with Stencil?
Stencil is a freemium design tool that allows users to create different graphics.
If you want to make a professional banner with Stencil, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Open the Stencil app, and choose "Twitter Header" from the canvas resizer.
- Step 2: Now, select a background photo from the presets. You can also upload a custom background through the Uploads section.
You will see the safe area guide that explains which part of your image will appear on devices on your screen.
- Step 3: Now, add the elements that you want to include in your banner image. You can add your logo or a display text of your choice.
- Step 4: Now, after your banner image is ready, and you can download it by clicking the save button. After saving, hit the download button.
You can also use existing templates in Stencil and edit them as your banner image. Now, upload the banner on your Twitter by following the steps mentioned earlier.
How to design a Twitter Banner using Canva?
Canva is another famous design tool like Stencil. Here's how to create a Twitter banner by using Canva.
- Step 1: Log in to your Canva. If you don't have one, then sign up using your Google Account. It takes only seconds and is free. On the top right corner, click on the "Create a New design" button and then type "Twitter header".
- Step 2: Start designing with a blank page, or you can get started with an existing template for Twitter cover images.
- Step 3: You can upload your images through the upload section. Otherwise, you can add elements and photos from the Canva library. After that, start creating your Twitter banner.
- Step 4: When finished, click on the download button and choose the file format. You can download your image as PNG, JPG, or GIF. After that, open your Twitter account and upload your banner image.
You can also publish your banner directly to Twitter by clicking the "Publish to Twitter"-button.
Templates for Twitter Cover Images
Here are some twitter header templates that you can use for free:
Ideas for Twitter Banners
If you lack ideas while creating a banner, then you can choose images related to your brand. Sometimes you need a picture to follow. So if you are having a problem with the flow of ideas, you can have a look at these:
Display Your Work
Use Your Colour Palette
You can find more inspiration and ideas here:
With this, it's time for you:
Over to you
So that was all about Twitter banner images and how to create them. It is always recommended to use relevant images to your brand as your header.
You can add your existing art pieces and your work as well. Other than that, you can add different customization elements to showcase your brand.